The earliest known history of this church dates back to the late 1920’s when the spiritual needs of the Catholics of this church were catered for by visiting priest who said Masses in a shop house along Jalan Camp. St.Anne’s Church, Port Kelang was at that time known as Port Swettenham.
Around 1933 the place of worship was moved to an old wireless station which was renovated along Jalan Padang. This temporary building was known as the Chapel of St.Anne, During this time Rev.Fr . E. Bellet (1929 – 1936 and then Rev.Fr. Deredic (1937 – 1939) where the Priest in charge, and then during the Japanese occupation Rev. Fr. Guittat ( 1940 – 1948).
During the early 1960 the catholic establishment of Malaya was under the responsibility of His Grace the late Monsignor Rev. Fr. Olcomendy, then the Archbishop of Malacca & Singapore diocese, His Grace purchased a piece of land (the present site) for the catholic community of Port Klang And in the year 1961 the new St.Anne’s Church was built along Jalan Samy which is now known as Jalan Tengku Badar, this was with the help of Rev.Fr Rigllot and the Lay ministers.
And the Church was officially declared open on 30th July 1961 by His Grace Tan Sri Dominic Vendargon Archbishop of Kuala Lumpur. Ever since then the Church has become a place of pilgrimage during the feast of St.Anne. The new Church was at first left in the care of the Capuchin priest –Rev. Fr. Denis and Capuchin Br.Athanasius from 1961 to 1963.
Rev.Fr. John of the Cross another Capuchin priest was the resident parish priest from 1964 to 1965. During this period the kindergarten cum Parish House and the Grotto were up. With the departure of Rev.Fr. John of the Cross to the Gethsemani Friary in Cheras Kuala Lumpur the people of St.Anne’s Parish were left without a Resident Priest. Once again the parish depended on a visiting priest from Kelang.
Later on Rev.Fr. Francis Joseph Navaratnam from Sri Lanka was appointed as the Parish Priest effective 1966 till 1980. The Stella Maris Community Center was raised during this time.
Rev.Fr. Solomon Raj S J became the Parish Priest from 1981 till 1985, and in 1986 Rev. Fr.Giraud from the church of Holy Redemer was appointed as the Parish Administrator, until Rev.Fr. Solomonraj’s return from India in 1987.
As Rev.Fr Solomon Raj was transferred to seremban in early 1988 Rev.Fr. S.Benedict became the Parish Administrator of St.Anne, Port Klang till 1990.
And in 1991 Rev.Fr.Leonard John who was appointed as the Parish Priest for OLL Klang and Administrator for St.Anne’s Port Klang from 1991 till 1995.
On 1st December 1995 Rev.Fr. Eugene Benedict was appointed as the Parish Priest for OLL Klang and Administrator for St.Anne’s Port Klang till 2000.
In late 2000 Fr. Gerard Theraviam became the Parish Administrator for St.Anne’s Port Klang till 2001.
Rev.Fr. V A Michael became the Parish Priest from 2002 till 2005.
Rev.Fr. Lawrence Andrew SJ being appointed as the Parish Priest in 2006 till Current.
In 2006 Fr. Lawrence Andrew SJ, a Jesuit Priest came to serve as Priest in attendance at St.Anne’s Church and was made administrator of the Parish. In 2007 he was installed as Parish Priest of St.Anne’s Church.
Fr. Lawrence has been the driving force and prime mover of creating a caring community, he is an inspirational person and a ray of hope to many, he is a man of tremendous courage who stands firm in his convictions. He have moved the Church to greater levels, Strengthen the faith of the parishioners being united, generous, service oriented and self-giving, A Parish of parishioners being dedicated in themselves in praying the Rosary daily in their families, thereby, bringing peace, love and harmony in the family and society.
With his arrival the Church of St.Anne over the years have took a transformation giving a new Face look both within and out if the Church.
The Stella Maris Community Hall was renovated extensively, with beautiful stage, LCD projectors good sound systems and fully air- condition, which is now of full use by parishioners and neighbors for social events, seminars and meetings.
The Kindergarten and Sunday school which was running with five (5) class rooms around the Church. Have its very own new building in June 2010 with eleven (11) class rooms fully air-condition with all facilities, It is now highly visible and an important land mark in the area, being equipped with State-of the art facilities for both learning and recreation.